Transfer Credit Policy
NOTICE CONCERNING TRANSFERABILITY OF CREDITS AND CREDENTIALS EARNED AT OUR INSTITUTION
The transferability of credits earned at William Carey International University (WCIU) is at the complete discretion of the institution to which a student may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the degree earned at WCIU is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which a student may seek to transfer. If the credits earned at this institution are not accepted at the institution to which a student seeks to transfer, the student may be required to repeat some or all of the coursework at that institution. For this reason, students should make certain that attendance at WCIU will meet their educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which they may seek to transfer after attending WCIU to determine if the credits will transfer.
Transfer credits are awarded by WCIU on a case by case basis following a formal review process. Transfer credits are only awarded if they were earned from institutions of higher learning accredited by a body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council of Higher Education Accreditation. Non-U.S. institutions must have an accepted foreign equivalent at an institution listed in the International Handbook of Universities. No more than 6 graduate semester units or the equivalent in other units awarded by another institution may be transferred for credit toward a MA degree. An official transcript evaluation will be performed to determine the number of transfer credits that will be granted for previous academic work. Transfer credits accepted from other institutions are assigned grade points according to WCIU’s grading system. The University reserves the right to determine the acceptability and relevance of degrees and credits earned at other institutions. Note: WCIU does not award credit for experiential learning.
Students who wish to transfer credits:
• Must have earned a grade of B or higher for the course to be considered for credit transfer.
• Must have completed the course within the last ten years.
• Must have an official transcript from the transfer institution mailed directly to the WCIU Office.
• Must provide any additional information or materials required by the review committee, including the course syllabi or course descriptions in the catalog.
• Must email a completed Transfer Credit Request Form to WCIU at: email@example.com
Instructions for Requesting Transfer Credit:
• Review the WCIU Transfer Credit Policy above.
• Complete the Transfer Credit Request Form. The form can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or from the WCIU website.
• Submit the completed form to email@example.com
• Have an official transcript from the transfer institution mailed directly to WCIU Office at:
William Carey International University
Office of the Registrar
1605 E. Elizabeth St.
Pasadena, CA 91104 USA
Students are able to appeal transfer credit decisions by submitting a request for appeal to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Requests for appeal may be mailed to the WCIU Office at the address above or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Vice President for Academic Affairs will review the transfer credit request and issue a final decision.
WCIU has not entered into an articulation or transfer agreement with any other college or university regarding acceptance of transfer credits.