These databases (listed alphabetically below) allow electronic access to numerous articles and books.
The full text of journal articles are available on some, but not all, these databases. If you are unable to access the full text of an article in which you are interested, contact the reference librarian and to obtain an electronic copy of the article. If you cannot read an article on your computer because you do not have Acrobat Reader, click here to download this free software.
EBSCOhost Databases (password protected)
A wealth of research databases including:
Academic Search Premier
- a multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals
- over one hundred journals
- searchable cited references for more than 1,000 titles.
ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials
- major religion and theology journals
- more than 575,000 article citations from more than 1,679 journals (506 currently indexed)
- Full text provided for more than 294,000 electronic articles and book reviews.
- more than 33,000 multidisciplinary e-books from more than 90 of the best university presses in the world
- covers a variety of subjects such as technology, science, literature and humanities
- offers basic introductory texts to high-level research materials.
OmniFile Full Text, Select Edition™ -- Formerly called Wilson Select Plus
- full-text articles from approximately 2,700 publications, many of which are peer-reviewed.
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: The Humanities and Social Sciences Collection (password protected)
- the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses.
- official digital dissertations archive for the Library of Congress and the database of record for graduate research.
- includes millions of searchable citations to dissertation and theses from around the world from 1861 to the present day together with over a million full text dissertations that are available for download in PDF format.
- A database of on-line development research resources, organized by topic, everything from agriculture to anthropology to religion.
- The numerous open source e-journals are especially valuable.
Faculty Research Database (PASSWORD PROTECTED)
- Lectures and articles by WCIU faculty and guest lecturers are made available in our internal online searchable database.