STEP 1: Select appropriate ADmission option
CONDITIONAL ADMISSION: is required for all new students desiring to enter WCIU’s MA program or take the Foundations of Biblical Faith course
- Students may apply for full enrollment any time after completing their first course
- Students may take up to 11 credits under conditional enrollment.
- All new students are required to take “Foundations of Biblical Faith” before taking any other courses
- Credit for Foundations is only granted to students who earn a C- or better in the course* (Can I transfer my credits?)
FULL ADMISSION: is for degree-seeking students looking to continue as students in WCIU’s MA program after completing conditional admission requirements
- Students may apply for full admission any time after completing Foundations of Biblical of Faith with a C- or better
- Full admission is not available to students who have not completed Foundations of Biblical Faith
- View full admissions process here.
- To apply for full admission please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
STEP 2: Complete the Foundations of Biblical Faith Online Application
Prospective students must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or recognized equivalent.
STEP 3: Submit necessary English requirements (if applicable)
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate the ability to study and complete assignments in English at the graduate level in one or more of the following ways:
- TOEFL score of 90 (for the internet-based test) or 550 (paper-based test)
- IELTS score of 6.5
View English requirements here.
STEP 4: Secure a Proctor (if applicable)
Students must find a proctor to administer any exams they may need to take for admission to a program. For information about getting a proctor and the proctor application, please see "Proctoring for Exams" in this Catalog.
STEP 5: Meet WCIU technology and computer requirements
View technology and computer requirements here.
STEP 6: Sign Conditional Enrollment Agreement
Accepted students must sign the conditional enrollment agreement before registering for their courses.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I have to apply for conditional admission?
All prospective students interested in William Carey International University's MA International Development program or course-for-credit offerings must first apply under conditional admission before being eligible for full admission into WCIU.
How can I benefit from conditional admission?
Conditional admission allows individuals interested in our program to benefit from our courses while being introduced to the academic culture of WCIU.
What if I'm not pursuing a degree?
Prospective students who are not interested in pursuing a degree at WCIU but desire to take a course-for-credit, are still required to apply under conditional admission.
Can I apply for full admission?
Students can only apply for full admission after meeting the requirements mentioned here.
For more information regarding admissions please email email@example.com.